Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26 - I Make The Opportunities

Never doubt. Have no fear. Watch the faintest tremor of fear, and stop all work, everything, and rest before Me until you are joyful and strong again
Deal in the same way with all tired feelings. I was weary too, when on earth, and I separated Myself from My Disciples, and sat and rested on the well. Rested -- and then it was that the Samaritan woman was helped.
Times of withdrawal for rest always precede fresh miracle-working.  Learn of Me.  To accept the limitations of human flesh is to be subject, except as far as sin is concerned, to the same conditions as man.
I had to teach renewal of Spirit -- force rest of body to My Disciples. Then, as your Example, I lay with My Head on a pillow, asleep in the boat. It was not, as they thought, indifference. They cried, "Master, carest thou not that we perish?" and I had to teach them that ceaseless activity was no part of My Father's plan.
When Paul said, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me," he did not mean that he was to do all things and then rely on Me to find strength. He meant that for all I told him to do he could rely on My supplying the strength.
My Work in the world has been hindered by work, work, work. Many a tireless nervous body has driven a spirit. The spirit should be the master always, and just simply and naturally use the body as need should arise. Rest in Me.
Do not seek to work for Me. Never make opportunities. Live with Me and for Me. I do the work and I make the opportunities.
"I can of mine own self do nothing." John 5:30

No comments:

Post a Comment